The clothing and gear that you bring, in extreme cold or other dangerous weather conditions, can impact your personal safety and also that of the group. For safety reasons the school may limit or not allow your participation in certain activities if you are without proper clothing or gear.
The more experience you have, the more you probably have your own ideas about gear and what works for you. The less experience you have, the closer you should follow our recommendations.
- Wilderness Bushcraft Semester Gear List
- Boreal Snowshoe Expedition Gear List
- Wilderness Canoe Expedition Semester Gear List
- Summer/Autumn Woodsman Gear List
- Winter Woodsman Gear List
About Life At The Field School
- General Travel Information
- Local Driving Directions – Will be provided after registration.
Before the start of each course or trip all participants are required to fill out and sign the documents below. You will receive these in the mail as part of the registration packet.