The clothing and gear that you bring, in extreme cold or other dangerous weather conditions, can impact your personal safety and also that of the group. For safety reasons the school may limit or not allow your participation in certain activities if you are without proper clothing or gear.
The more experience you have, the more you probably have your own ideas about gear and what works for you. The less experience you have, the closer you should follow our recommendations.
- Wilderness Bushcraft Semester Gear List
- Boreal Snowshoe Expedition Gear List
- Wilderness Canoe Expedition Semester Gear List
- Summer Woodsman Gear List
- Winter Woodsman Gear List
About Life At The Field School
- General Travel Information
- Local Driving Directions – Will be provided after registration.
Before the start of each course or trip all participants are required to fill out and sign the documents below. We will have copies at the beginning of each course, but you can also print, fill out, sign and either scan and email or send a hard copy through the mail. Even if you plan to sign them immediately prior to the program, please read through them in advance so there are no surprises. Completing this paperwork is mandatory before participation in any program.
If you’re emailing the forms, please send to both of the following email addresses:
- Jack Mountain Bushcraft School Policies (pdf)
- Liability Release (pdf)
- Acknowledgement Of Risk (pdf)
- Medical Form (pdf)
Pre-Course Online Course