College students wishing to attend one of our immersion programs can use federal financial aid to help pay for it. There are two routes to accomplishing this:
- Pre-Approved independent study from your home university.
- Consortium agreement.
Independent study from your home university
- Familiarize yourself with our independent study options.
- Take your proposal including all Jack Mountain documents to your academic adviser.
- Work with your adviser to determine how your independent study idea will be fulfilled within the time frame and structure of the JMBS course you are planning to attend.
- Once your proposal is accepted and your financial aid package is approved, you will receive financial aid money in your student account which then can be paid to JMBS.
A consortium agreement is a contract between two schools that recognizes your registration at each location for financial aid purposes. The first step is to call your financial aid office and ask if they offer “consortium agreements.” Consortiums are allowed for by federal regulation, but a school is not required to provide them. If they do, contact our office for more information.