Our field school in Masardis, Maine is 2.5 hours (140 miles) north of Bangor.
Travel Information – Car:
You can get directions to Masardis from Google Maps by clicking here and entering your starting point.
Local Driving Directions:
When you register for a course you’ll receive detailed local driving directions.
Travel Information – Plane:
• Northern Maine Regional Airport (PQI) in Presque Isle is 30 miles away. There are daily flights between Presque Isle and Logan international airport in Boston, Massachusetts (BOS) provided by Pen Air.
• Bangor International Airport (BGR) is 145 miles away. If flying into Bangor, you can take Cyr Bus Lines to Presque Isle from theConcord Trailways bus station located directly across from the airport.
• Porland Jetport (PWM) is 260 miles away.
• Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) is 365 miles away. For those arriving internationally to Boston, taking the bus to Presque Isle is the most economical way to get here.
Travel Information – Bus:
Presque Isle is served by Cyr Bus Lines, which has daily bus service to northern Maine from Bangor. For those coming from Boston or points south, take the Concord Coach to Bangor, then get on the Cyr Bus Lines to Presque Isle. Bangor is also served by Greyhound. Please note that there are two bus stations in Bangor: the Greyhound station downtown and the Concord Trailways bus station on Union Street near the airport. You can catch the Cyr bus to Presque Isle from either of these stations.
Taxi For Airport And Bus Station Pickup:
Town Taxi can pick you up at either the airport or bus station in Presque Isle and drop you at the field school for $50 (plus tip). Contact them at (207)764-3200. If you’re interested in this service, please schedule in advance.
Accomodations In Presque Isle (30 Miles)
Local Accomodations In Masardis And Ashland
Blackwater Outfitters And Cabin Rentals – (207) 540-4101. Our friends Dick and Melanie Cullins operate Blackwater Outfitters, where you can rent a small cabin with a full kitchen and bathroom for a very reasonable rate. They’re located 5 miles down the road. Wifi friendly.
Accomodations In Portage Lake (18 Miles)
Dean’s Motor Lodge – (207) 435-3701. 18 miles from the field school, Dean’s is a small hotel with an attached restaurant and bar. Wifi friendly.
Hot Showers In Portage Lake (18 Miles)
Dean’s Motor Lodge – (207) 435-3701.
Hot Showers In Presque Isle (30 Miles)
• Gentile Hall – On the University of Maine at Presque Isle campus. Showers, 25 yard pool, gym, indoor track, climbing wall. Daily fee.
• Presque Isle Health And Wellness Center – Showers, Pool, Gym. Daily fee.
• Neil E. Michaud Campground – Showers.
Please plan to arrive and depart on the specified days and times. Do not arrive early, and do not plan to stay on-site after the end-date of the program. There are camping and lodging options available nearby for those who get to the area early or want to spend some extra time in northern Maine.