· Dates: 8/9-8/14
· Max. Size: 20
· Tuition: $500
JMBS Northern Maine Bushcraft & Wilderness Guide Rendezvous
Course Calendar Register Now
Friday At 10 am To Sunday At 2 pm
The goal of the Brushfire Rendezvous is for people to gather around the ideas of bushcraft, the woods life and living rural. The goal is not to be a Jack Mountain course.
We want to get people busy and involved, not sitting back listening to or watching the “experts”. Plan to get your hands dirty.
Events And Activities
- Food Events: Tastings and competitions for home made liberty cabbage (sauerkraut), freedom water (wine), bannock, and many more
- Saturday night campfire dinner with dutch ovens, reflector ovens, bean hole and more traditional north woods cookery demonstrations
- Archery shoot
- Canoe poling demo
- Tour of the field school with an emphasis on sustainability and camp systems
- Fly casting demo
- Hot tent demo
- Tump line and wannigan demo
- Deadfall trap demo
- Craft showcase: baskets, paddles, braintan, toboggans, etc.
- Expedition Planning Roundtable: Bring your ideas and maps, plan future full tang expeditions.
Trading Post. Feel free to bring stuff to trade or sell, but be advised that the trading post will be low-key and in the parking lot. The purpose of the event is to get together, not to sell stuff. There won’t be any booth space. We’re not anti-commerce and don’t mind if people have items for sale, we just don’t want the focus of the experience to be on moving products.
What your tuition pays for. Camping, humanure composting outhouses and supplies, trash removal (but we expect everyone to chip in and police themselves), all events and activities. We want to keep the fees as simple as possible. $15 per person for any portion of a day. So if you come for the day on Saturday, it’s $15. If you camp for the weekend, it’s $45.
We’re in the early stages of planning this event. Check back soon for more information. If you have suggestions, get in touch with us.