Christopher Russell is the lead instructor for Jack Mountain’s immersion programs. He is an alumnus of Jack Mountain and a registered Maine guide.
Christopher is a passionate outdoorsman, whittling fanatic, and writer who enjoys having the opportunity to share that passion. Christopher has solo-hiked half the Appalachian trail, canoed in the north Maine woods and camped out anywhere he could find a flat site for his tent, including the hills of Arkansas, mountains in Nova Scotia and as much of his native Maryland as possible.
- Studied Political Science at Webster University in St. Louis.
- Completed the Jack Mountain journeyman certification June 2016.
- Snowshoed with the Cree in Northern Quebec.
- Completed Jack Mountain’s Boreal Snowshoe expedition.
- Became a registered Maine guide in September 2017.
- Guided Snowshoe outings in the Green Mountain region of Vermont.
- Completed a swift water rescue course through Northeast Whitewater Guide service.
- Lived in a primitive shelter for seven straight months.